Reflash your 2005-2005 RSX Type S engine computer.
- VTEC window from 4900 to 5800 rpm
- 8600 rpm Rev limit, increased from 8300 rpm
- Maximum torque gain 12 ft/lbs torque at 6000 rpm
- Maximum power gain 20 hp at 8000 rpm
- Peak torque increases by 6 ft-lbs
- Peak power increases by 8 hp
- Very wide flat smooth torque curve. 90% of peak torque available from 2200-8000 rpm.
- Fully dealer compatible - works with all Honda scan tools and equipment
We do not recommend the use of nitrous or forced induction for this reflash. For these applications use the K-Pro.
What if you have modifications?
What will work well:
- Intakes (especially cold air intakes)
- Cat-Back exhausts
- Hondata Heatshield Intake manifold gaskets
What is not recommended:
- Stock Airbox
- Race header (see 05-06 RSX Race header reflash)
- Race camshafts
- Forced induction
Check your catback exhaust carefully. The internal diameter of the rear muffler is often smaller than stock. If this is the case you will probably make less power than stock with more noise. It will work OK with a stock airbox but you will not see these advertised power gains, and you may feel a dip after VTEC.
If you have a race header you will run lean. This is not a result of the Hondata reflash. Even the stock ECU will run lean with a race header. If you intend to run race headers you have two choices:
Within USA this product is legal only for racing vehicles which may never be used upon a highway.